Before ubuntu 16, you can shut down the PC with some script by the power button at the front of box. However, the technique is not applicable for ubuntu 20. This note describes an alternative technique, which is made for another purpose and thus not strongly recommended.
- How to:
- open a terminal and type the command below
hostnamectl set-chassis vm
- The command is applied at that time.
- You can try push the button on the PC to shut it down.
- The source of information
- Search key
- ubuntu 20.04 LTS, power button, shutdown, /etc/acpi/events/powerbtn, linux
- ウブンツ, 電源OFF, 電源が切れない, シャットダウン,